DATES FOR BOOSTER CLUB MEETINGS:
Our next Wrestling Booster Club meeting of the new school year will be held Wednesday October 7th at 7:00pm in the high school blue room. Come one, come all! We look forward to seeing members old and new!
Burnt Hills Wrestling Booster Club
During the Fall we encourage wrestling parents to Join the Booster Club. This is our number one program to raise funds for the general Booster Club account that benefits all Spartan wrestling teams.
These programs continue to be the main source of financial support for the Booster Club. Profits from the Concessions go into our general Booster Club account.
ANNUAL GOLF OUTING
2013 Golf outing was a another big success, please join us again in 2014.
Mission and Purpose Statement:
“To promote athletic excellence, good sportsmanship and character-building relationships among athletes, coaches and parents.”
About the Burnt Hills Wrestling Booster Club. . .
The Burnt Hills High School Spartan Wrestling Booster Club is an action-oriented group of parents, volunteers and administrators working together to support the Varsity, Junior Varsity and Modified Wrestling teams, by extracurricular activities through financial and voluntary support. The Burnt Hills High School Spartan Wrestling Booster Club exists for the purpose of broadening the involvement of students, student families and the school through funding and supporting many aspects and needs of the Burnt Hills Wrestling programs.
The Burnt Hills High School Spartan Wrestling Booster Club is the support extension for the entire Wrestling program. Parental participation in the Wrestling Booster Club is greatly encouraged. The Wrestling Booster Club plays a significant role in helping to enrich the Burnt Hills High School Wrestling program and its associated extracurricular activities.
Here is a list of objectives and activities which the BSBC funds and manages:
- To support, promote and maintain a high standard of integrity and good sportsmanship in all wrestling related activities of the high school.
- To directly support the coaches with fundraising efforts, organizing volunteers and other activities to benefit the wrestling athletes.
- To promote and encourage more young men and women to get involved in the High School wrestling experience, either as an active participant or as a volunteer assistant.
- Provide athletic equipment, and accessories (as needed to augment the needs of each team when not supplied by the school)
- Provide post-season t-shirts for teams that make post-season play
- Provide coaches and/or trainers for pre-seasoning conditioning as needed
- Maintain our own booster website in order to keep players and boosters updated
- Bus transportation for out of town tournaments for wrestlers coaching/support staff.
- Cover the costs for team tournaments
- Provide coaches game wear, shirts, warm ups and jackets
- Coach’s Achievement/Appreciation Awards
- Fund the kickoff and post-season parties
- Coordinate announcers and scorekeepers
- Awarding an academic scholarship to a Senior each spring
Board Members and Administrators
The Burnt Hills High School Spartan Wrestling Booster Club is composed of a volunteer board with four officers,committee chairpersons, general support positions and members at-large. Office terms begin June 1 and end May 31 of the following year. The positions are open to all members of the Booster Club.
We hope you will join our efforts through membership in the Burnt Hills High School Spartan Wrestling Booster Club and help us accomplish our goals. Your fresh ideas and enthusiasm are as valuable to our efforts as your membership fee and the possibilities it provides to Burnt Hills High School Spartan Wrestling Athletes. All booster members are welcomed to attend all board meetings. Please check for meeting dates via the Web site: www.bhwrestling.com
Thank you for supporting the Burnt Hills High School Spartan Wrestling Booster Club!